Are you in need of a dentist for dental fillings near Burke, Fairfax Virginia?
At Shield Dental Care in Burke, Dr. Pejman Ghorbani provides a comprehensive list of dental services including composite white fillings. You will need a dental filling if you have tooth damage, chipped tooth, or tooth decay. With the proper preventative measure, a simple white filling restoration by lead to root canal therapy or even tooth lose. Find out why Dr. Ghorbani is the right dentist for you in Burke. At Shield Dental Care, restoring a tooth back to proper function, making sure further damage is prevented, and having you smile confidently is our mission.
What are dental fillings and what are the symptoms?
You need a dental filling when cavities have permanently damaged tooth structure, or you have tooth damage, like a chipped tooth. Cavities are formed due to many reasons including bacteria in your mouth, taking in too much sugar, or lack of improper tooth cleaning. When food remains on your teeth the bacteria in you mouth turns them acidic. The combination of bacteria, acid, food debris, and your saliva form plaque, which clings to the teeth. The acid in the plaque dissolves the enamel, creating holes in the teeth called cavities. If you not regularly visiting your dentist for check ups, you want to look out for symptoms such as sporadic toothache, tooth sensitivity, pain when eating or drinking something sweet, hot or cold, holes or pits in your teeth, and staining on the surface of your teeth.
Furthermore, don’t ignore a cavity, you might end up with a dental crown if enough tooth structure has to be removed due to tooth decay. In severe cases of tooth decay or when an tooth infection has been discovered, endodontic root canal therapy might be needed.
How are fillings done?
On your dental appointment for dental fillings Dr. Ghorbani will perform the following:
- Confirm treatment details to address any concerns you may have
- Review the possible outcomes and alternative treatment
- To make sure your comfortable, Dr.Ghorbani will use of local anesthetic to numb the treatment area and make sure you have a pain free dental experience
- Dr. Ghorbani will then will remove the decay in the tooth
- Restore the tooth using composite white fillings or other material as needed
- Finally, Dr. Ghorbani will check the bite of the filling to make sure that your comfortable with the fit of your new dental filling.
What can you do to prevent cavities?
The best prevention to keep your mouth, teeth, and gums healthy is to:
- Brush regularly; try to brush your teeth soon after eating any type of food or sweets that tend to stick to your teeth
- Floss and use mouthwash; if you are not a fan of flossing see if the WaterPik is the right tool for you
- Don’s miss your routine dental cleaning visits
- Make a habit of drinking tap water
- Eat healthy
Dental Insurance Coverage for Dental Filings
In the following example, we are going to assume that you will need two fillings: one surface and two surface fillings. In addition, the negotiated insurance fees are $ 150 (one surface) and $ 200 (two surface), and the dental insurance coverage of 80 % for in-network provider and 70 % for out of network provider. Finally, this example does not include yearly deductibles or downgrade from your insurance policy;or as the insurance companies like to term it “Alternative Benefits”. Alternative benefits are built into your policy so when you get a white filling, the insurance will only cover the benefits as if you received a silver filling. Thus, you end up paying more out of pocket because the insurance company covers less. To adhere to the highest dental standards, Dr. Ghorbani provides dental white fillings, or resin composite filings in our practice in Burke.